Social Worker in Knoxville TN
The Social Worker is responsible to the program director for carrying out the functions of family assessment, family support, and intervention to enable children to have permanence in the most family like setting as quickly as possible. The social worker, in conjunction with the family and DCS, develops, monitors, and assures the implementation of the individualized service plan and plan of care. The social worker provides counseling and case management to youth in foster care, to birth parents and foster parents.
Job Qualifications/ Requirements:
- The social worker must meet clients and families in their homes with flexible appointment times based on families’ needs, including evenings and weekends.
- The social worker must create a positive working relationship with the families by acting as a guest in their home as well as showing genuineness through body language and other gestures.
- The social worker must be competent in the delivery of the services of assigned program (foster care, residential, etc) and willing to use a range of interventions & modality.
- The social worker must be committed to the team approach among biological family members, resource families, other helping professionals and other family support persons.
- Requirements: Master's degree preferred in social services that is license eligible, commitment to empowerment of families, competency in case management and therapeutic services.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume to StaffDevelopment@HolstonHome.org