Residential Support Staff in Greeneville
Residential Support Staff- Greeneville
Holston Home for Children, founded in 1895, provides hope and healing for a brighter future by sharing the love of Jesus to children and their families struggling with life’s challenges.
We are guided by principles that have been passed down throughout the history of this ministry. These beliefs strongly influence our services:
• God loves children and their families so much that He sent His Son to die so that they could have abundant
and eternal life.
• Every child should be taught about Jesus.
• All things are possible in Christ.
• Every child should have a warm and secure place to live.
• People can change.
• Lasting change occurs through caring relationships.
• It is the birthright of every child to have a family.
• The best place for a child to be raised is within a caring family.
• Children and youth should always have something to look forward to.
• Kids and families deserve our very best.
• Every child deserves the opportunity to reach their God-given potential.
The people of Holston Home shall diligently attend to those in our care through these practices:
• Provide the highest quality of professional service for our children and their families through highly trained
and competent staff.
• Treat all people with love, respect, and care.
• Keep all information confidential.
• Be open and honest in our communications.
• Recognize progress and achievements of children and families.
• Advocate for the rights and needs of our children, youth, and their families.
• Practice the highest principles of Christian stewardship in every aspect of our ministry.
CORNERSTONES OF CARE
• Worship – Offering every child, youth and family the opportunity to develop a real relationship with Jesus.
• Education – Offering every child, youth and family the opportunity to further their education and learning.
• Work Ethic – Offering every child, youth and family the experience of having responsibilities and an expectation to fulfill them to the best of their abilities.
• Recreation – Offering every child, youth and family opportunities to experience wholesome fun in variety of activities and interests.
Holston United Methodist Home for Children provides hope and healing for a brighter future by sharing the love of Jesus with children and families struggling with life’s challenges.
What we are looking for?
Do you like to feel like you are contributing to the community? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of youth? Do you want a supportive work environment? Do you want to be a part of leading adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions then we want you on our team at Holston Home for Children!
• Candidate must be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working with adolescents or an associates or bachelor's degree; valid driver's license.
• The ability to be involved in physical activities with youth.
• Provide supervision and support to adolescents in residential treatment.
• Part-time with a chance to move to full time if applicants are a good fit with our program.
• Provide a systematic routine for children in house life, including establishment of a house schedule, a house duty assignment, a predictable routine, and a consistent positive reinforcement system as set forth.
• Provide transportation for adolescents to and from appointments, school, social activities, etc.
• Provide planned recreational and therapeutic activities for adolescents.
• Transparency among all staff to ensure quality of care.
• Shifts available include afternoon (3 afternoons 2:30 - 10:30 and one weekend day 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.) and overnight awake (4 nights from 10:30 p.m. - 8:30 a.m.).
• Salary: $10.00 /hour
Holston Home for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to ChanHumbert@holstonhome.org