Associate Teacher- Small Miracles Child Care Center
Associate Teacher- Small Miracles Child Care Center
Holston Home for Children, founded in 1895, provides hope and healing for a brighter future by sharing the love of Jesus to children and their families struggling with life’s challenges.
We are guided by principles that have been passed down throughout the history of this ministry. These beliefs strongly influence our services:
• God loves children and their families so much that He sent His Son to die so that they could have abundant
and eternal life.
• Every child should be taught about Jesus.
• All things are possible in Christ.
• Every child should have a warm and secure place to live.
• People can change.
• Lasting change occurs through caring relationships.
• It is the birthright of every child to have a family.
• The best place for a child to be raised is within a caring family.
• Children and youth should always have something to look forward to.
• Kids and families deserve our very best.
• Every child deserves the opportunity to reach their God-given potential.
The people of Holston Home shall diligently attend to those in our care through these practices:
• Provide the highest quality of professional service for our children and their families through highly trained
and competent staff.
• Treat all people with love, respect, and care.
• Keep all information confidential.
• Be open and honest in our communications.
• Recognize progress and achievements of children and families.
• Advocate for the rights and needs of our children, youth, and their families.
• Practice the highest principles of Christian stewardship in every aspect of our ministry.
CORNERSTONES OF CARE
• Worship – Offering every child, youth and family the opportunity to develop a real relationship with Jesus.
• Education – Offering every child, youth and family the opportunity to further their education and learning.
• Work Ethic – Offering every child, youth and family the experience of having responsibilities and an expectation to fulfill them to the best of their abilities.
• Recreation – Offering every child, youth and family opportunities to experience wholesome fun in variety of activities and interests.
What we are looking for:
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children? Are you creative and fun? Do you enjoy being a part of a safe and nurturing environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of children? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then our Early Childhood Ministry, Small Miracles, is looking for you!
Small Miracles opened in 2001 and serves children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age. Small Miracles has been awarded a Three-Star Rating (the top rating) on the Tennessee quality-rating system. We have over 40 years of combined experience working with children, which shows our commitment to the children we serve, their families and our community.
• The desired candidate must be at least 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, two years of full-time work experience with young children, and formal college training in early childhood education or related field; or a CDA credential.
• A personality that relates warmly and effectively with young children, co-workers, parents, volunteers, and community members.
• Meets health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment.
• Upon acceptance of employment, the employee must complete the following training: detection, reporting, and prevention of child abuse; CPR and First Aid; and a minimum of 18 hours of in- service training annually.
• The candidate must hold a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
• Participate as a member of the staff team in planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the children in his/her class in accordance with the policies, procedures, and philosophy of the Early Childhood Ministries of Holston Home.
• Responsible for assisting the Program Director in ensuring that the child care program is in compliance with the Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers as established by the State of Tennessee Department of Human Services.
• Develop a daily program of developmental learning and recreational activities that encompasses the needs of the individual child assuring that each child obtains a range of learning experiences that promotes development and supplements home experiences.
• Plan and implement methods of establishing a positive liaison with parents or guardians of the children through daily contacts, individual parent conferences, and by attendance at parent group meetings.
• Complete a daily activity report for each child or group as applicable, as well as keep daily attendance records of children served in your classroom
• Treat each child with dignity and respect and promote an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural backgrounds and needs of the children.
• Evaluate children through daily observation, complete progress notes on each child, and assure that a pre-test and a post-test are completed according the E.C.M. Social Service and Case Management Procedures (E.C.M. 05).
• Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff to maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary environment while assuring the orderly arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom.
• Attend all staff meetings and participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth.
• Maintain a quiet, calm, and professional atmosphere at all times.
• Post schedules and create monthly themes in an area easily accessible and visible to parents.
• Represent the program in a positive manner and assist in public relations events sponsored by the Early Childhood Ministries.
• Assist in the distribution of lunch as needed and eat lunch with the children.
• Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Program Director.
Holston Home for Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com