Assistant Teacher- Small Miracles Child Care Center
What we are looking for:
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children? Are you creative and fun? Do you enjoy being a part of a safe and nurturing environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of children? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then our Early Childhood Ministry, The Children's Center, is looking for you!
The Children's Center opened in 1985 and serves children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age. The Children's Center has been awarded a Three-Star Rating (the top rating) on the Tennessee quality-rating system. We have over 40 years of combined experience working with children, which shows our commitment to the children we serve, their families and our community.
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting and carrying out weekly plans for the education and care of the children.
The candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Prior work experience in child care or teaching is preferred
Minimum age is 21.
Personality traits that relate warmly and effectively with young children, co-workers, parents, volunteers, and community members.
Meets health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment.
The assistant teacher must hold a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with and practice universal health precautions.
This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Other physical demands that may be required are as follows: pushing, pulling, running, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing.
The Assistant Teacher must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate as a member of the staff team in planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the children in his/her class in accordance with the policies, procedures, and philosophy of the Early Childhood Ministries of Holston Home.
2. Responsible for assisting the Program Supervisor in ensuring that the child care program is in compliance with the Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers as established by the State of Tennessee Department of Human Services.
3. Develop a daily program of developmental learning and recreational activities that encompasses the needs of the individual child assuring that each child obtains a range of learning experiences that promotes development and supplements home experiences.
4. Plan and implement methods of establishing a positive liaison with parents or guardians of the children through daily contacts, individual parent conferences, and by attendance at parent group meetings.
5. Complete a daily activity report for each child or group as applicable.
6. Treat each child with dignity and respect and promote an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural backgrounds and needs of the children.