The House Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision and management of personnel and programs in their assigned house. They are also to provide primary care to children and immediate direction and guidance of Teacher Counselors assigned to a specific house. The House Supervisor is to ensure the safety and well-being of the children and provide any necessary direct care during on-duty hours. The House Supervisor reports to the Program Director.
1. A minimum of one year of experience working with adolescents in a residential treatment setting is required.
2. An Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
3. Minimum age requirement is 21.
4. Must possess satisfactory written and oral communication skill
5. Must have the physical health and capacity to demonstrate regular job attendance and when necessary to physically manage client’s aggressive or self-injurious behavior.
6. Must be able to drive a car/van and possess, or obtain at hire, a class D Tennessee operator's license.
7. Must successfully complete CPR and First Aid training and update annually. Must complete all required agency trainings and achieve at least 24 hours training annually.
8. Must successfully complete TCI training and update bi-annually.
9. The House Supervisor position involves a risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the employee must be familiar with/and practice Universal Health Precautions.
10. Must subscribe to the Agency's Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
11. Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must meet individually, at least weekly, with direct care staff assigned to the house to provide direction, guidance and feedback.
2. Coordinate staff duties within the house with the approval of the Program Director.
3. Provide back-up support to resident counselors for handling “crisis” situations related to resident behavior.
4. Assure adherence to USDA dietary guidelines.
5. Coordinate orientation and on-the job training schedules for Teacher Counselors assigned to the house.
6. Oversee reporting and spending of all house monies and provide monthly reports to the Program Director.
7. Evaluate, in consultation with the Program Director, job performance of direct care staff assigned to the house and document for personnel files.
8. Provide performance feedback to the Program Director regarding staff/client issues.
9. Schedule shifts of direct care staff in the house in consult with the Program Director to ensure the required level of coverage on all shifts.
10. Attend weekly team meetings and chair in the absence of the Program Director.
11. Attend weekly management team meetings and all others as scheduled.
12. Attend client staffings as necessary.
13. Provide direct care for clients.
14. Provide planned recreational activities for clients.
15. Provide a systematic routine for residents in house life, including establishment of a house schedule, duty assignments, predictable routine, etc.
16. Assist other Teacher Counselors in dealing with crisis: i.e., restraints, medical emergencies, etc.
17. Monitor homework and behavioral contracts.
18. Provide frequency counts, baselines, and behavioral data on the clients’ behavior to the Program Director.
19. Dispense medication to residents.
20. Monitor house documentation including daily logs, frequency counts, individual program effectiveness, incoming prescriptions and conduct weekly medication counts.
21. Maintain positive contacts with family members of clients.
22. Assure proper housekeeping procedures related to health/sanitation, fire and safety requirements, and proper maintenance and upkeep.
23. Complete or assure completion of all monthly house reports (i.e.: fire drills, supplies, food/nutrition records, house allowance, receipts).
24. Treat clients with respect and promote an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural backgrounds and needs of the clients served.
25. Develop an attitude among staff that will empower families and children to grow and change.
Complete the on-line application or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.